ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE STAR PRIZE FOR RURAL WRITING
The Star Prize for Rural Writing recognises excellence in print journalism and enables the winner to network with the world’s top agricultural journalists.
New and continuing members of the Farm Writers’ Association of NSW are invited to enter one article of broad agricultural interest that has been published in print or online during the current calendar year.
The state winner will attend the IFAJ conference and will have his/her story entered in the national contest to determine Australia’s entry for the International Federation for Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) Star Prize for Print. The international prize will be presented at the IFAJ Congress.
The Farm Writers’ Association of NSW will cover the cost of registration (accommodation is included) for the IFAJ Congress and a contribution to air fares (directly to the event) to the maximum value of $5,000. If the NSW winner wins the national prize, Farm Writers' will convert the NSW award to a contribution towards the cost of pre- or post-congress tours or other congress expenses.
Entries must be received by close of business February 3, 2021.
For more information contact Ben Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 8247 8019.
1. Eligibility: The contest is open only to members in good standing of Farm Writers’ Association of NSW Inc. Corporate members may nominate up to three entrants. An individual may not enter more than one article, must be over 21 years of age and normally a resident or working in New South Wales. Click here to become a member.
2. Articles must be on a subject of wide agricultural interest and have been published as editorial material between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 in print or on-line.
3. Prize: The winner of the NSW competition will be awarded a certificate and a prize, not exceeding $5,000 in value, to enable him or her to attend the IFAJ congress. The prize is not transferable. The prize is to be taken in the form of registration fees plus a contribution towards airfare and may not be converted to cash. The winner will be entered as the NSW Finalist in the national judging, administered by the Australian Council of Agricultural Journalists, to select the Australian entrant in the IFAJ Star Prize writing contest. In the event that the NSW Finalist wins the national award, the NSW prize will lapse and Farm Writers may substitute a contribution to conference expenses to a maximum of $1,500.
4. Writing will be judged on style, content, objectivity/balance and likelihood of winning the Star Prize. The layout and design of the article will not be considered in the judging. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Attach the text of the article in English to an e-mail to email@example.com
• The email must be received by close of business 3 February 2021.
• The e-mail to which the article is attached must contain the following: